Are you a passionate and resourceful coder? Do you believe in the future of the blockchain? And do you
want to become a pro in the Fintech sector? Apply to Blockrise and become our new
Software Engineer | 40 hours | Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Who we are
As one of the first digital asset custodians in Europe, we are passionate about leveraging blockchain
technology to revolutionize the financial sector. Our way of working is dynamic, challenging and ever-
changing and we are proud of what we create. As a Fintech, we are dedicated to developing
innovative solutions and to speed-up our growth by expanding our business within the European
We are looking for new talent with a ‘startup’ mentality, in the starting phase of their careers and on
their way to the top. Eager and trustworthy professionals, with whom we can build a great company.
We set ambitious goals for our team and we stimulate them to keep pushing their own boundaries. If
you are looking for a stimulating and challenging work environment, you have come to the right place!
Where we need you
You will be participating in the development of our own Custody, Brokerage and Portfolio solutions,
with direct impact on the crypto market. Through our solutions, our clients can safely trade, store and
manage their crypto assets. Our Custody systems combine Hardware Security Modules with
blockchain technologies, making our solutions secure, transparent, and scalable.
Who you want to be
We are just at the start of evolving from a start-up to a scale-up. Therefore, your responsibilities at
Blockrise as a Software Engineer are not set in stone. At the start of your employment, we will discuss
which project fits you best. You might find yourself optimizing our blockchain-specific features, or you
can be in the lead for the backend products in custody or trading. We want to discover the hidden
talents of our team members and help them grow to become the professionals they aspire to be.
Who you are now
- Attentive to detail – at the end of the day, you are proud to have solved complex problems
with elegant, simple, and well-architected solutions and clean code.
- Continuously improving – you have the desire to continuously improve and to learn from your
peers within a rapidly evolving environment.
- A team player – you enjoy working with people from different disciplines, such as Finance and
Business Development, in a diverse and high-paced organization.
- Committed to excellence – surrounding ourselves with ambitious people, we all have exciting
dreams for the future and set high standards for ourselves.
- Fluent in English; being able to speak Dutch is a plus;
- Living in the Netherlands and able to work on-site in Rotterdam;
- A Bachelor or Master diploma in (Technical) Computer Science with at least two years of
- Great engineering insights and a profound understanding of computer science principles
- Experience writing software in TypeScript, Node.js;
- Experience writing software using front-end frameworks (e.g., Vue.js, React) is preferred;
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, and PostgreSQL is preferred;
- Experience in the fields of asset management, cryptocurrencies or other Fintech areas is
What you get from us
- A competitive salary based on your experience, within the range of €3.500 to €5.500;
- Employee profit sharing program;
- Travel allowance / NS Business Card;
- Chance to grow and work with energetic and driven professionals in an innovative and vibrant
- Negotiable paid holidays;
- Training courses to keep up with developments within your field of work;
- Brand-new office located on the 23rd floor of Five55, Rotterdam;
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the office included (when necessary);
- Friday after-work drinks to kick off the weekend!
How to become our new team member
We are excited for you to join our team! Are you curious about the work environment or would you like to see what else we have to offer? Do not hesitate to schedule a meeting with us! Please include your:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Optional: Cover letter with your motivation and qualifications (max 1 page);
- Don’t forget to mention your prior experience with crypto or FinTech!
Mail your documents to email@example.com and schedule a meeting with us. We will take all
applications into consideration and, after receiving your application, we will send you a confirmation
with more information about the next steps *.
store and process your application data with the purpose to consider employment. We will delete your
application data within 30 days when your application is not considered anymore.