Autonomous System Software Engineer
Are you excited about the prospect of fully autonomous ships in the future? Do you want to help make the world’s first certified digital captain a reality?
At Captain AI we share this passion for autonomous ships. This technology would enable a safer, cheaper and faster method of transportation. To make this a reality we have partnered up with VSTEP, developer of NAUTIS a world-class certified simulator. With this simulator we can train a reinforcement learning agent to navigate safely at super-human speed and accuracy. We also have access to a real world testing vessel to do the final training and testing with.
We offer an exciting position as a autonomous system software engineer. In this role, you will help facilitate the machine learning and AI training process. More specifically you will
- Develop full-stack tools to visualise a ship’s sensor data and the training process.
- Design and develop learning environments (OpenAI Gyms) for the AI to train in.
- Create data processing pipelines for machine vision models
- Set up databases for storing huge datasets
- Develop tools to help acquire and label training data
What We Offer
- An ambitious and exciting start-up environment at RDM Rotterdam
- Ability to work with cutting edge technologies
- Provide a good learning environment about using deep learning at scale
- Possibility to make an impact on society
- A competitive salary
What We Expect
- You studied or are currently studying Computer Science
- Ability to communicate well in English and/or Dutch
- Ability to write well-documented, structured, clean code in Python
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Practical knowledge of good software design practices
- Team-player, yet independent problem solver
Autonomous vehicles is a hot topic these days. Even though self-driving cars are probably still a decade away, self driving boats are closer at hand. Located in the Port of Rotterdam, the largest and busiest port of Europe, Captain AI is developing the world’s first safe and fully autonomous shipping solution using high-fidelity simulation, cutting-edge sensors and state-of-the-art deep learning and reinforcement learning techniques.