Trading Analyst (Part-time)
About Da Vinci
Da Vinci is a proprietary trading house founded in 2015 and specialised in solving market inefficiencies, identifying opportunities based on volatility arbitrage strategies and providing liquidity to the markets. We are headquartered in the home of the world’s first stock market, Amsterdam, and we have just opened a second office in Mumbai. Today, we trade on the most prominent exchanges across South America, Asia and the US. Our vision is set on sustainable growth, with new offices opening in the US soon.
We always keep our work smart and innovative and are building a team of trading enthusiasts. The key to our success is hiring not only intelligent but inventive, lazer-focused and highly efficient individuals. Across all departments; trading, quantitative research and development alike, Da Vinci is made up some of the sharpest minds and most passionate players in the industry. We are non-hierarchical and support employees in exploring their interests and strengths, placing no limit on personal growth.
About the Role
We are looking for a part-time Trading Analyst to strengthen our Trading Intelligence Department. The department oversees Risk, Mid-Office and Tooling. This is an ideal position for a student in their final year of study who is looking to gain work experience in a dynamic environment with a hands-on mentality. It is an opportunity kick-start your career and grow into a full-time role upon completion of your studies. As a Trading Analyst, you will get the opportunity to work closely with the business, obtain insights on key trading processes and start your professional career within the trading industry.
Da Vinci offers an exciting and dynamic work environment, where employees are given the freedom to come up with great ideas and the space to push these to completion. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a successful and fast-growing company.
- Daily reconciliation of clearing accounts and trading positions
- Optimise and automate workflows and build tools around it
- Take ownership of and manage databases of company metrics
- Analyse multiple datapoints (costs, trading volumes, market share, etc.)
- Assist the trading team on strategic requirements
- Various day-to-day tasksensuring that trading runs smoothly
- Last year Bachelor’s or Master’s student in the Netherlands in a technical study (Econometrics, Maths, Physics, Engineering or similar quantitative studies)
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL (any other languages are a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work diligently and get things done in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible mindset
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Available for at least 16 hours a week
- An opportunity to learn from some of the most qualified professionals in the industry
- Competitive salary of EUR 3k a month based on full-time
- Meals during work hours
- Social events and after-work drinks
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Sponsored gym membership
- In-house game room (pool table, board games and console games)