Trader Assistant (academic part-time job)
TRADER ASSISTANT (ACADEMIC PART-TIME JOB)
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Traders actively build and enhance the quality of our electronic trading strategies, requiring superior analytical, mathematical, and computing skills. At the same time IMC knows that having the best software is what drives our business. Software development here is innovative, pragmatic and fun, even as complexity grows. We offer you the opportunity of combining the final stage of your studies with a challenging part-time job, working right in the middle of trading and technology.
As a working student at IMC you will be supported by a mentor who will oversee your projects and professional development. You will be working on real projects, supporting our trading teams by analyzing data or building tools to make their life easier. You will learn about the trading industry and market making while having close interaction with our traders and technologists, not to mention the incredible social activities and events you can take part in to become a real IMC’er yourself.
Some key points of working for IMC:
- Meaningful and challenging projects;
- A structured mentoring program;
- Competitive salary;
- Possibility for a full time offer.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Student in (pen)ultimate year of an analytical/quantitative or related field of study (mathematics, computer science, engineering, etc.);
- Competent with programming in Python;
- Available for approximately 16-20 hours per week (split over two days);
- Interest in financial markets is a must, but no prior knowledge or experience is required;
- Superb analytical and mathematical skills;
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving and competitive environment;
- Desire to work in a team environment.
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization.
WHO WE ARE
IMC is among the world’s leading technology-driven trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.