WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT A TRADING CAREER AT IMC?
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in many different ways. This means
we look for different types of traders; from the quantitative minds who enjoy the
mathematical side of trading to more operationally focused personalities who thrive on
interacting with brokers over the phone.
Our traders share one thing in common, though: they are at their best when solving
complex problems. Their insights into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure
we always trade in the right place, at the right time.
YOUR JOURNEY AS A TRADER INTERN
Our 9-week trading internship is your chance to experience life as a trader at IMC via
meaningful and challenging projects. You’ll have all the support you need to succeed: a
mixture of hands-on and classroom training, and a mentor who’ll oversee your work
and professional development. Where you go from here is up to you – the majority of
our interns secure a graduate position at the end of the programme.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As a trader intern at IMC, you will
• Enjoy the support of a dedicated mentor and build a valuable network
with our traders and technologists
• Have an intensive first week of classroom-based training, giving you a
deep dive in the trading landscape
• Be exposed to continuous learning by working on projects, desk
shadowing and mock trading sessions, making sure you learn about trading
• Take part in tailor-made workshops for your personal development
• Receive a highly competitive compensation package with accommodation
REASONS WHY THIS IS YOUR FUTURE INTERNSHIP
• You thrive working on meaningful and challenging projects
• You want to work at a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation
are recognized and rewarded while making a direct impact
• You’re aiming to secure a graduate position before actually graduating
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
• Available for 9 weeks starting June 26, 2023 (no off-cycle internship
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Genuine interest in financial markets, though no prior knowledge or
experience is required
• Experience in a programming language is an advantage (e.g. Python,
Matlab or R)
• In (pen)ultimate year of a quantitative field of study (e.g. Mathematics,
Physics or Econometrics)
READY TO APPLY?
Our hiring process, including tips on applying and interviewing with IMC, is described
on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start your journey with IMC.
IMC: JOIN A WORLD-CLASS GLOBAL MARKET MAKER
IMC is a world-renowned market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific.
We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across
multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides
liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fastevolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today.
Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our
work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous
improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give
them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work
as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex problems or
taking part in team-building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its
employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.