Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, a strong financial position, Omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can make the difference by using machine learning to generate data driven products and solve the most pressing business challenges, please read on.
We are incredibly excited about Data Analytics and the great potential for progress and innovation. We believe that analytics is a key differentiator in bringing “anytime, anywhere, personalized” services to our customers. We wish to improve our operational processes and create new and innovative data driven products that go beyond traditional banking, such as the platform models. Achieving this vision will require us to build and expand on our analytics effort and organize ourselves around focused value buckets with strong coordination capabilities of data, technology, customer journey, UX, as well as external partnerships.
Global Analytics is a new unit responsible for realizing this vision for ING, differentiating ING as a leader in data-driven organization, within the banking sector and beyond. The team consists of a number of Global Analytics Center of Excellences around the bank’s key capabilities (such as Pricing, Risk Management, Financial Crime, Customer Intelligence, People, Finance, Wholesale Banking, etc.) as well as strong coordination areas around data management, technology, customer journey, UX, as well as external partnerships.
- You are a data lover willing and able to learn and to improve your technical as well your interpersonal skills
- You are a creative and curious
- You are looking forward to work on a wide variety of Data Analytics related problems
- You have attention to detail and exposure to extracting information from data. Experience with doing this to add value for your stakeholders is an advantage but not mandatory.
- You are able to see where ING can set further steps towards becoming a truly data driven bank.
- Your communication skills enable you to work together with different parties throughout our organization.
- Your enthusiasm is visible and you like to mobilize people for our data driven purpose.
- You look forward to working in cross-functional teams to realize an ambitious goal.
- You are not shy to ask for help of other Data Scientists in the team, and you are happy help them out by sharing your knowledge and capabilities.
- You are a team player who strikes effective balance between independence and acting in the interest of the team.
- You are perseverant and you do not give up when a problem is hard; you know how to deal with set-backs.
- Your enthusiasm is contagious and inspires others to act; your act sets an example for others.
- Experience with stakeholder management from within data science projects is an advantage but not mandatory.
- University Degree with strong mathematical background for example; computer science, statistics, econometrics, mathematics, ops research, engineering, science or other related technical discipline.
- Has experience with building models in code using quantitative techniques and programming languages like Python, R., Scala, C++, Java, SAS/Matlab and open source software; testing and validate data models and data processing and use of visualization tools.
- Good command of the English language
- Understanding & views on economic landscape & banking industry
Do you recognize a call upon You in our description? Then please apply and join us to change the future of banking!
Please answer the following questions in a word/pdf file.
1. Why do you want to work in a analytics team within ING?
2. What does a data-driven organisation mean to you?
3. What analytical challenges are you most interested in?
Upload your complete application: CV, motivational questions and grade lists (Bachelor and Master till now) in English.
Please note that the results will remain definite for a future application for one of our traineeships. This means that you cannot apply again after not passing a step in the procedure.
Do you recognize a call upon you in our description? Then please apply and join us to change the future of banking!
You can find the application link here.