Internship Product Lifecycle Management & Circular Economy
As a student on lifecycle analysis and circularity you know that emissions need to be reduced, not just for the direct emissions, but also the indirect emissions within the value chain. In this role you will find innovative and data driven solutions to reduce KPN’s scope 3 emissions together with key vendors and customers.
We are all increasingly working and living digitally. Products and services are become more personal and intuitive. KPN wants to accelerate the journey to become near 100% circular by 2025 and net zero for our emissions by 2040. You can be part of sustainable change in the Telco & ICT industry and make life for over 5 million customers more fun, free and easier in The Netherlands.
At home linked to all us via a digital way of working and constant interaction. Later also at our offices in Zoetermeer or online. Our offices are near train stations and offer a modern and inspiring work environment.
You will join the team that develops the strategy to reduce the carbon impact of our infrastructure, products and services. You work together with different students and professional KPN colleagues.
Jouw grootste impact
Thanks to your drive we will continue to be one of the most sustainable brands in the telecom & ICT industry. As KPN is not in the make-industry we have learned through previous internships that your experience will add a unique perspective to both KPN as well as our suppliers.
Jouw rol als
In your role as intern, you will:
- Build product category trees measuring the circularity & carbon impact of a series of key product categories like in IT (servers/computing), Telecom Infrastructure (like antennas, base stations, local points of presence) and Customer Equipment (like modems, TV receivers, remote controls)
- Work actively together with international Telcos on improving the methodology of scope 3 emissions (measurement methodology) and the same on product circularity.
- Gather emission data of key suppliers and visualize this using data & analytics tools
- Assist in prioritizing our actions to improve our supply chain impact
Wat breng jij ons
- A university master level
- Master in Industrial Design or Industrial Ecology
- Advanced analytics skills using and creating LCA and MFA insights
- Good communication skills.
- Preferably been part of a committee or board during studies.
- Creativity, good sense of humor and hands-on mentality.
- Language: Dutch or English
- Studying in The Netherlands (not abroad or online).
Wat krijg je ervoor terug
A grant of 500 EUR based on 40 hours and travel allowance. Coaching of experienced colleagues and a buddy system of other interns. We love to help you develop and also learn from your expertise. Build your network by working together within the Telco industry. Company laptop with secure collaboration software. Length of internship can be suited to both our needs, eg. with a timeframe of 4 to 6 months or longer if required.
Wie zijn wij
Join the team that develops the strategy to reduce the carbon impact of our infrastructure, products and services. We operate an environment with experienced professionals and interns and aim for constant interaction with the multi-skilled ambassador network within KPN, our trusted partners like hardware and software providers or logistic partners. We enjoy working with interns who challenge the sustainability of our products and processes and help us to accelerate toward our green ambition.