Business Analyst Investment Performance
Are you interested in the world of finance and the analysis of investment portfolios? And are you up to the challenge to translate complex business requirements into software solutions in a leading fintech environment? Do you have an affinity with databases, mathematical modeling and/or design of web-based applications? Then join us in the position of Business Analyst Investment Performance, and play an important role in the future success and growth of our Investment Performance solution!
The Investment Performance Solution
Within Ortec Finance, the Investment Performance (IP) solution is centered around the development, implementation and support of our PEARL software product. Our solution enables our clients to analyze and report on the performance of investment portfolios, and to gain insight into how different investment strategies and decisions contributed to the total result of a portfolio. PEARL is used by a growing number of leading investment organizations across the globe.
The position of Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst, you are part of the Solution Engineering team within the IP solution. You play a key role in the product development process for the PEARL product, which is based on Agile principles. You gather functional requirements for upcoming development topics, working closely with solution experts, developers, and stakeholders from the client servicing teams. You are responsible for making sure requirements are complete and clear, and that they are translated into concrete development tasks (features, user stories). This includes among others:
- Working out all functional aspects of new functionality in sufficient detail so that the development work can be estimated and put on the product backlog;
- Contribute to the design process of new functionality;
- Participate in work estimation and planning sessions;
- During development, act as the first line of contact for developers in case of functional questions;
- Contribute to the testing and acceptance of implemented functionality;
- Contribute to discussions on backlog priorities;
- Participate in product related projects, e.g. research, documentation.
Who are you?
You hold a master degree, preferably in an exact science (e.g. Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics). You are a strong communicator and interact easily with varying stakeholders. You possess the drive, skills and creativity needed to analyze functional requirements to their core, and to translate them into concrete development proposals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English (required) and Dutch (advantage);
- Strong analytical skills: ability to come to the core of requirements and to place them into the right context within the total solution;
- Strong mathematical skills;
- Ability to understand use cases and working processes of our clients;
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box;
- Strong organizational skills, e.g. facilitate refinement meetings or workshops with various stakeholders;
- Basic knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Affinity with databases, financial modeling and/or design of web applications is considered a strong advantage. The same holds for experience within the investment industry and with performance or risk management in particular;
- Relevant working experience (1 – 5 years) in a similar business analysis role is considered an advantage, but is not strictly required.
Terms of employment
We offer you a job in a challenging and inspiring environment with excellent training and career opportunities. At Ortec Finance you will have the possibility to combine IT, mathematical models and specific market knowledge in your work.
You will earn a competitive salary, depending of course on your experience level and competency profile. In addition we offer you excellent secondary benefits, including:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Fixed 13th month;
- Participation in a bonus policy;
- Participation in the company pension scheme;
- 27 vacation days (on a full-time contract), with the possibility to buy additional vacation days;
- Compensation for your travelling expenses (daily commute and business travel);
- A pleasant working environment with enthusiastic and fun colleagues!
What can you expect from Ortec Finance?
Ortec Finance is a global provider of technology and solutions for financial institutions. We enable people to make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe. Our organization employs highly-educated employees and invests in their careers. Our corporate culture is open and informal; we are always receptive to good ideas. We offer you plenty of room to fully apply your talents and highly value an entrepreneurial spirit.
More information or apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact one of our HR colleagues at +31 10 700 50 00. To apply, please use the application button below to send us your cover letter and CV.
We hope to meet you soon!