Software Engineer (Python)
Picnic is an app-only supermarket. We’re data driven with software at our core. Our world-class developers write immaculate code to support the world’s fastest growing supermarket. We’re on a quest for like-minded people to be part of the future of digital grocery shopping.
Where you fit in
Our developers are highly involved and essential to each part of our company. From route planning, scaling our customers’ analytics to handle enormous chunks of data, to calculating how many bananas we should have in our warehouse on a Thursday – our teams write, plan, and predict.
As one of our Python engineers, you grab ownership of projects, grow, and work collaboratively with your colleagues. You design, test, evolve, and evaluate the nuts and bolts of our operation while offering a creative and analytical approach. You feel at home writing platforms and display an intricate understanding of how each line of code fits into a business plan.
At Picnic your skills will be complemented with the latest tech and our diverse projects will keep you challenged and motivated. From designing, developing, and testing new user-facing features, to optimizing supply chain systems and improving the scalability and security of our platform: you’ll be managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables, while finding yourself fully immersed in an engaging startup culture. We don’t hide what we do. Instead, we open-source with the community that helped us grow. Here’s proof: http://picnic.tech
What challenges await you
- Design, develop, and test software for our platform
- Create high-quality code that is scalable, reliable and reusable
- Help our analysts with any engineering questions or challenges they may face
- Analyze and improve the scalability and security of our Python platform
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have outstanding Python skills (with at least 3 years of experience)
- Creating and maintaining Python packages is a hobby of yours
- You have experience with Docker
- You have a good understanding of relational databases and SQL
- You know when to use NoSQL solutions like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and RabbitMQ
- You feel comfortable building microservices
- You know your ways around CI/CD…and you don’t mind collecting bonus points with your Kubernetes skills
Technologies you’ll use
- Python 3.7/3.8
- Pipenv and Git
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Travis CI
Hungry for more? Check out our tech stack.
Located in Amsterdam, our fun-filled office is the best place for you to focus on your Picnic projects. Equipped with your favorite hardware and surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll grow professionally and personally, while enjoying the startup life along the way. We like to keep our 40-hour work-week flexible around here.
Our tech team consists of 15 product teams, which handle tons of innovative projects.