Traineeship (all units)
Want to go for a traineeship at RiskQuest
The 2 year traineeship is designed to prepare RiskQuest’s future consultants by providing graduates challenging roles and projects at various financial institutions, insurance companies and pension funds.
You will rotate across at least 2 of our business units (Financial Risk Modelling, Data Science, Data Engineering and Solutions), develop your soft and hard skills through a mix of internal and external courses, and be closely mentored by senior colleagues.
In addition to excellent primary and secondary employment conditions, we offer serious intellectual challenges, a very pleasant working atmosphere with regular social activities as well as flexible working hours.
How you describe yourself
- You love solving quantitative problems in a team and you are able to distinguish main issues from side issues. Your second love is data (or first – that is also fine).
- Master’s degree in econometrics, actuarial sciences, mathematics, physics, or other quantitative studies.
- Experience with programming and analyzing data using Python, SAS, SQL, R, or other languages.
- Eager to develop yourself and discover the business units of RiskQuest: Financial Risk Modeling, Data Science, Data Engineering and Solutions.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- This role is for starters only (less than 2 years of working experience).
What we Offer
- 2 year program in which you thoroughly get to know RiskQuest and its activities, with a minimum of 2 external projects at different business units and 1 internal assignment.
- A training program to develop your soft and hard skills through a mix of internal and external courses on risk management, credit risk, financial crime analytics, data science and data engineering.
- On the job mentoring by senior colleagues.
- Challenging projects where you are in the lead to help the client to get the most out of their data, models and organization.
- A flat organization where the lines are short, and you can help shape the strategy of the organization.
- A fantastic office location in the heart of Amsterdam with a garden and a bar.
- A great team of 40 smart, inspiring and sociable colleagues.
- Excellent primary and secondary employment conditions.
We are a consultancy specialized in (risk) models for the financial sector. In an increasingly complex world, there is also an increasing need to manage risks. Models are an important instrument in this regard. Our services focus on all aspects of the use of models: data, model development, validation, policy and strategy.
In recent years we have been able to build up an impressive customer base. We work for all major Dutch financial institutions. In addition, we are continuously expanding our services.
We are a team of 50 ambitious individuals, almost all of whom have a quantitative background in econometrics, mathematics and physics. Mutual social contacts and an informal working atmosphere with a lot of individual freedom are important to us. You quickly become part of our close-knit team.