Junior Software Engineer II – September 2024
About Booking.com Compass
We know you’ve just started navigating your career journey. And we’re here to help. We promise it’s going to be wild (in a good way). We’re a company of travel-obsessed, super smart, dedicated people who work to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
About the Program
We are thrilled about this 15-month program within our Accommodations, Central Technology, Fintech and Trips Business Units. Those departments bridge the Booking.com of today with the Booking.com of tomorrow, leading the evolution of our business from a single-product company to a multi-product offering company with an outstanding, personalized travel experience at the heart of its success.
This program will provide an excellent foundation for graduates to develop their skills and have a significant impact on our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, building and improving great products for both travelers and for our accommodation partners.
As a Junior Software Engineer II at Booking.com, you will be a fully-fledged, permanent team member, and will work alongside experienced engineers responsible for the design & delivery of services and products to offer customers the best selection of properties and rooms.
The Junior Software Engineer II will be guided and supported throughout the program with a dedicated mentor, onboarding bootcamp, learning exploration and opportunities to develop world-leading technical expertise through two rotations within the engineering business unit.
This is a unique opportunity to launch your professional career and learn great software engineering principles and working practices at one of the world’s leading travel companies.
You’ll be building the future of travel at Booking.com, one line of code at a time but also:
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to craft, develop, and deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Coordinate for the end-to-end delivery of your projects.
- Learn new technologies and stay ahead of the curve.
- Contribute to the evolution of our engineering standard processes.
- Write clear, concise, and comprehensive user documentation.
Bring your sense of adventure and the following:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related STEM-field. Note that your graduation date has to be in 2023 or 2024.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for travel and technology.
Yes, you will get great discounts at Booking.com but not only:
- A great new office to work in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Impactful training and development, including in Java and professional growth in building software applications, software system design, technical incident management and architectural mentorship.
- An award winning company culture (Best Leadership Teams & Global Culture 2023)
- The opportunity to work on meaningful and exciting projects.
- A fast-paced and ambitious culture.
- The chance to make a real difference in the travel industry.
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation.
- 29 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Up to 10% pension matching
- Great discounts on accommodation, car rentals and other group benefits
⚠️Important note about eligibility⚠️
In order to be eligible for this program you need to:
- Graduate in 2024 or have graduated in 2023.
- Be available to start a full time position for our 15 month program mid- September 2024.
- Be able to commute to our office in Amsterdam.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.