GRASP THE OPPORTUNITY
You’ve probably never heard of the power markets. You likely didn’t know that energy is traded on an exchange. No matter. If you’re interested, and you have what it takes, we’ll give you everything you need for a challenging, joyful and educational internship.
Once you start your internship you’ll be taught the basic understandings of the energy markets. You’ll be trained and supervised by the traders and analysts who are daily involved in trying to beat the markets.
After this first education and you have gained some knowledge about the energy markets and the impact of energy transition we are facing you’ll be assigned in a research project which will be directly linked to the markets and our trading activities.
Want to give your career a head start? When you excel during your internship, you are ready to start your career at Northpool.
The challenges? As countries switch from coal, oil and gas to wind, water and sunlight to power their grids, the markets change. Competition gets fiercer, volatility increases and opportunities get bigger. And what about wind, water and solar energy? No one can precisely forecast how much there will actually be.
- Outstanding analytical and mathematical skills
- Logical reason & problem-solving attitude
- Approaching graduation at MSc level
- Clear and fluent English
- Good social & communication skills
- Knowledge of energy markets and/or sustainable energy
- Affinity for meteorology
- An ability to learn fast
- Excellent programming skills
- Creative, proactive thinking
- Interest in trading
- A career opportunity – we hire to retain
- A non-hierarchical workplace
- Highly motivated teammates
- Support and investment in you
- A fair internship compensation
- An office that’s fun to work in
Do you like to see the trading in real practice or directly want to apply for an internship? Please submit your resume, motivation and grade list to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +31(0)88 2400 300. We will respond to your application as soon as possible.